I don’t know about you but I sometimes dread Christmas time. It always turns out to be an expensive holiday no matter what. The presents, visiting people, going out for meals, going to gigs or the cinema and treating yourself of course!
The best way to combat the crunch of Christmas is to be rather savvy. Here are my top tips for saving those extra pennies.
Top five tips to save money at Christmas
- Create a budget planner for the Christmas period. This helps you keep on track of all of your spendings.
- If you’re going out to a restaurant or pub this break then make sure you look for discount codes or vouchers on moneysavingexpert.com, discountvouchers or hotukdeals. You can also check your local newspapers or magazines as they normally have partnerships with businesses in the surrounding area.
- Need a new outfit? If you are looking for some new gladrags or a festive jumper then why not head to your nearest charity shops? I love having a good rummage and finding some lovely pieces whilst donating to charity.
- Head to the supermarket in the evenings to snap up food deals. Remember you can freeze nearly everything! (I know I do…)
- This isn’t technically a way to save money but remember any gifts you do not want can be returned as long as you have the receipt. Do check your consumer rights for that shop. On a similar vein, people tend to love the January sales so why not head over to eBay and list any of those unwanted gifts?
What are your top tips for the festive holiday?