After finding the 52 in 52 challenge on t*rexes and tiaras, I decided this was the year to take on the same challenge. Once you start searching you will find that loads of ’52 challenges’ exist including the 52 week double money challenge, 52 week salad challenge and yes most recently, Matt Frost had 52 jobs in 52 weeks. Although I might not be able to stick strictly to one book per week I will aim to read 52 books in total.
So here goes to reading 52 books in a year (52 weeks):
- The Road, Cormac McCarthy.
- The Twelve, Justin Cronin
- The Diving-Bell and the Butterfly, Jean-Dominique Bauby
- The Uncommon Reader, Alan Bennett
- The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, Alexander McCall Smith
- Animal Farm, George Orwell
- Cannery Row, John Steinbeck
- Cracked: Why psychiatry is doing more harm than good, James Davies
- Tears of the giraffe, Alexander McCall Smith
- Morality for beautiful girls, Alexander McCall Smith
- The Kalahari Typing School for Men, Alexander McCall Smith
- The Full Cupboard of Life, Alexander McCall Smith
- The Bees, Laline Paull
- The Fault in our Stars, John Green
- Turn of Mind, Alice LaPlante
- Watchmen, Alan Moore
- Lord of the Flies, William Golding
- Altar of Bones, Philip Carter
- The Map, T.S. Learner
If you’re also taking part in this challenge or similar, leave your link below. I would love to see what you are reading and get some ideas on what to read!