This super green soup is mean, lean and just SO good to eat; (please note: no artificial, crazy off-the-wall colours have been used, it is all 100% natural).
The recipe I’ve provided below makes approximately around 6 medium-sized portions (two ladles worth per portion) and these can also be frozen.
2 Celery sticks
2 Spring Onions
400g Spinach (fresh and washed)
200ml Crème fraîche
1l Vegetable stock
1/2 Lemon zest
- Chop the potato, celery, spring onions and leek into small chunks.
- Melt the butter and add all the above ingredients. Simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Boil for 15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add the spinach and cook for around 3-4 minutes until it is all wilted.
- Stir in the lemon zest
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and serve.